Saturday, November 21, 2009

Perfect

When I think of what we use to be,

I see everything that we weren’t able to be.

From the times we met up after school,

To the days where we were simple fools.

From when we had our first kiss,

And the school days that we missed.

We were never perfect.

When everyone hated the fact that we was together,

Jealous girls didn’t want us together.

As young as we were we remained strong,

Ignored everything cuz to us there was nothing wrong.

From when my mom told me to brake up with you,

And I tried but I couldn’t because I loved you.

We were never perfect.

When the guys begged me to leave you cuz you wasn’t worth it,

I just laughed because I wasn’t going to do it.
When I think of what things could have been

Or what things should have been

I know now that we were never perfect.

How we still was the talk when we left middle school
And became a bigger thing when I got into high school

We stayed strong for a very long time,

But came to part in such a short time.

The way you became my first in just about everything,

Then slowly became the last in some things.

We were never perfect.

The way we defended each other when times got rough,

How you always picked on me for being so tough.

From when we were able to get lost in each others eyes

And when you helped me clean off when I fell from the dirt bike.
The way everything ended with no good byes or see you laters,

When I closed the door behind me and realized we were never meant

To be forever.

Only because we were never perfect.

2 comments:

  1. ds s sad..yet, i do bliv dt dey bcum perfect f we fall n luv wd dem..f we find sum1 hu'l complete us, den dt wud b perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this post took me back to my school days sweet memories.
    Its sad your love fail just because of perfection.

    ReplyDelete